TK focuses her client-centric practice on personal injury, corporate litigation, business, contracts and construction law. She has represented large companies, small companies, and a multitude of good people injured by others through no fault of her own. She had resolved cases worth millions of dollars.
TK became involved in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) through her construction litigation practice in the early 90’s. She founded GAMA, Inc., The Global Arbitration Mediation Association. This was the first on-line ADR company. She sold GAMA in the mid-2000s to provide substantial pay-out for her shareholders. TK has also been a mediator for over 15 years and is registered with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution. She has mediated hundreds of cases.
1996-Present, TK Read, Attorney, Conyers, Georgia, working at The Read Law Firm, P.C.
1993-1996, In House Counsel, DPS Industries, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia. Major earth-work contractor. TK’s duties included: Advising the CEO; Corporate governance; Contract review and drafting; Monitoring Minority Participation Programs and; Contract enforcement through lien filings, bond claims, litigation, arbitration and mediation.
1990-1993, Adjunct Professor, Atlanta Area Technical School, Paralegal Program.
1989-1990, Law Clerk, Tallapoosa Judicial Circuit, Dallas, Georgia.
1987-1989, Law Clerk, District Court, Louisville, Kentucky. Part-time during law school.
Education and Awards
- 1989 – LLM, Litigation, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- 1988 – Atlanta College of Trial Advocacy, Atlanta, Georgia
- 1988 – JD, University of Louisville Law School, Louisville, Kentucky
- Honors and Awards: Winner, Pirtle Washer Moot Court Competition; ATLA’s National Mock Trial Competition Team; Journal of Education; 2 years Scholastic Achievement Scholarship; Student Bar Enhancement Painting Grant
- 1985 – BA, Bellarmine University, Louisville, Kentucky
- Honors and Awards: Cum Laude, GPA 3.6; President’s Leadership Society.
- Publications: “Pushing the Advertising Envelope: Building Bill Boards in the Sky Along the Information Superhighway,” Winter 1996, Western State Law Journal; “Come to the Table,” published by www.maturespirit.com
Where to Find US
DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICES:
To get to The Read Law Firm, P.C. take Exit 80, the Conyers, West Avenue Exit, off Interstate 20. From the West, turn right onto West Ave. From the East, turn left onto West Ave. Cross the Rail Road tracks and turn right onto Rail Road Street. Cross Center Street and pass the yellow Welcome Center. Park, then walk through the alley across from the Welcome Center’s deck to Commercial Street and then go right. We are on the right.